MedievalIN

Innate nations Game in medieval time
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 On the Hunt -- Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:13 pm

"Must be out of his wits, running around without any clothes on..." Doru says to no one in particular. He starts off on the path to the outpost following the others. While walking, Doru takes his cup and fills it full of blood, he then begins to drink from it.

>Doru recovers even further. He feels good as new again, except his stomach is feeling a little weird...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm

Illia begins to follow Doru, although she keeps a fair distance from him. I know he's a vampire and needs blood and all, but it's still a little....unsettling.

>Illia notices that Doru seems a little unsettled for some reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:23 am

Marth walked in silence for a bit, leading the girl and thinking about the events of the last little while. "Shinpi, tell me, what about you is so different that you'd get lumped in with this bunch of monsters? You don't have to tell me if you like but feel free."

>Shinpi shrugs and replies, almost under her breath: "I'm not sure..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Uat watches in silence as the party departs along the path, up over the hill and out of sight. As the party walks, within minutes they notice the structures getting smaller and more spaced out until they disappear completely; they have walked into the fields and farmlands. Nothing eventful happens on the path.

Their eyes are accustomed to the dark, and though light is dim they soon spot the outpost in the distance as they crest another hill. There are only about 8 large wooden buildings in total, including a watchtower on the forward-right corner, all rather run down as if it's been recently damaged. The outpost is boxed in by a 7-foot wooden sort of medieval picket fence. The path splits in the center of the small patch of buildings: to the north (forward from the perspective of the party) into a forest flanked first on the right by a treeline starting only thirty yards from the outpost, and to the east, parallel to the treeline but barely sloping away, disappearing over another hill.

Each path into the outpost is flanked on both sides by a wooden spike barricade (http://www.stadsstuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/fence.jpg) that appears undamaged. Nothing interesting happens as they approach the outpost, unless you find the sound of grass growing to be particularly captivating.

As they all descend the hill, Illia sees movement in the trees just beyond the outpost. It appears to may be animals. She can also faintly smell alcohol. Marth smells grain or bread. Doru smells blood. Synyster sees a mouse in the grass. Shinpi moves closer to Marth and tugs him closer to Doru.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Illia raises an eyebrow and looks to the party, "Do you all smell that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:21 pm

"Yes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:07 pm

"I smell grain, maybe baking or making alcohol?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:07 pm

Yum... Synyster chases the mouse, looking for a nice meal, but doesn't expend too much energy or stray too far from the path for this tasty morsel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:23 pm

Synyster almost makes a move for the mouse but decides against it; he's not hungry enough for it, and it's more trouble than it's worth.

With each member of the party not feeling discouraged about entering the outpost, they approach, descending the hill completely. When they are little more than ten yards from the gate, the stench of blood overpowers any other smell each person could have been concentrating on. Shinpi looks alert, and she runs a few steps ahead through the gate, just inside. She looks confused. Doru figures out that she gains confidence at the sight of blood.

They all walk inside, through the wide-open gate. There are bodies scattered about, still wearing damaged armor; Marth and Doru realize that they were not in formation when they were attacked, therefore it must have been a surprise, and couldn't have been a normal raiding party.

Everyone can tell that whoever did this must have been fast about it, and they notice that the blood is still relatively fresh; the killer could still be close by. This being a storehouse, the buildings could contain useful supplies, if they haven't been raided; Illia can identify the bar and still straight away: the second building on the right. The path straight through the outpost to the opposite gate is completely blocked by a collapsed building. Doru is wise enough to know that, since they came by a main road, they could have easily been spotted on approach and could have already alerted the possible assailant.

Marth feels uneasy; his amplified hearing picks up a creaking sound nearby, to the left and possibly inside the building. His [Lycanthropic Empathy] alerts him to the movement of a small group of bats just outside the outpost, appoximately at the treeline.

Synyster knows he can get a better view of the environment from above, but he's not sure if that's wise. He and Illia can only assume the outpost was attacked by a normal raiding party.

Finally, Synyster notices a survivor, trapped underneath a portion of the collapsed building. He's breathing, but only has the energy to whisper.

Map: Note that the treeline isn't as close to the outpost as it appears. It's actually about thirty yards out I think, whatever I said earlier.

OOC: I underlined PC names to make this post easier to navigate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:46 am

Doru follows Shinpi as he finishes off the liquid in his mug. Doru then flips his v-coin.

>Shinpi bounds over to one of the bodies slumped against the first building on the left. She squats down beside it, leans over, and inhales. "It's fresh..." she mutters. Doru's coin lands on heads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:14 am

"I'm gonna check for survivors in here." Illia says to the group before walking into the building on the right, "Hello? Anyone in here?" She calls out, carefully listening for a response while also examining the building she is in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Marth uses his Bat Manipulation to get the nearby bats to fly around the building and look for anything of immediate interest, especially in the room on his left. "I'm searching the place with bats, don't fuck with them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:53 pm

Synyster walks warily to the survivor under the collapsed building, noticing his harmful state. Synyster whispers to the survivor, "Do you think you can survive if we free you, or would you rather me end your suffering now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:55 pm

The man, heaving with each breath he takes, struggles to maintain life. Synyster realizes that he won't survive long without proper medical attention, especially with his bleeding wound; an hour, maybe, maximum. Despite this, the mans looks straight at Synyster, with fear in his eyes, and slowly, shakily reaches out to him... "*--h...elp...?*" He doesn't look like he wants to die.

Doru feels nearly engorged with blood. As he approaches the dead body, he instantly recognizes that the wound on his body came from a werebeast and was indeed recent. Shinpi gasps slightly and tiptoes over to where Synyster is standing, and she looks at the man there. Now Doru is also aware of the situation. Doru is also pretty sure that Synyster can't unbury the man on his own.

Once inside the building, Illia determines that it functioned as a records office. Many papers are scattered about, including inventory, schedule, and logs of imports, exports, and what is stored in the outpost. There's also some maps of the surrounding area, a map of the outpost itself, and a record of people's comings and goings. Illia can examine any of these more closely but will have to come outside where the light is a little better to read.

The bats come around in a swoop, and nobody is startled because of Marth's warning. Several enter the building to his left, while others scatter into the forward buildings and out and about. Marth is now aware that the room on his left is the barracks; there are many beds scattered about, and the noise came from a small closet-size separate room. The actual source cannot be identified. Marth additionally identifies the forward-left building to be an armory, and second building on the right to be a bar. There are a couple of living things emerging from the treeline, already several feet out: animals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:10 am

Hmm, now doesn't seem an appropriate time for looting, but I bet some of those maps might come in handy. Maybe even that logbook will give some information as to what happened here. Illia thinks before grabbing the maps of the surrounding area, the outpost, the papers having to do with current inventory, and also the record of people passing through. She walks outside and first examines the log book, skimming through for any person(s) of interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:10 pm

Doru approaches the weakened man, "Would you like to live without the fear of death? I can turn you into a night stalker but you must serve me for a time." He says, crouching next to the man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:04 pm

Marth decides to leave the closet to last, but he makes 5 bats remain near it, just in case. He then heads over to the armory, hoping to find a better weapon than just his voice and claws. As he passes Synyster and Doru he says "The building in the left corner is a barracks with a weird noise in the closet; if someone wants to check that out, be my guest. Behind that half-dead guy is an armory, I'll check it myself. And over to the right is a bar, although that should be obvious."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Synyster glares at Doru. He just saw him and he's already trying to eat him... What a savage. "Someone help me dig him out. If you can't do it without eating him, then go somewhere else."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:42 am

With the papers having been gathered up, Illia examines the logbook but doesn't recognize many of the names. The name "Letholdus" appears frequently, however. There's not much else she can discern from the names alone.

As Doru says this, he realizes that the man probably wouldn't survive the transformation. The man looks towards him in fear. At this moment, however, Doru's charm is thrown completely off by a sudden gastric movement; he leans over and vomit forcefully onto the ground, spewing blood and stomach contents all over the ground at his feet. The flow stops for a moment as Doru gags, coughs a few times, then spits out a polished stone, slightly larger than a golf ball, onto the ground, followed by the last few drips of fluid. Marth can't recognize it, but Illia and Synyster both see that it's the same kind of stone as from the beast they slayed earlier.

Shinpi gasps at this, eyes the stone with a bit of disgust, then turns her attention back to the man.

Marth begins to walk around the corner to find the entrance to the armory. Their bleeding gashes remind him of his wounds, which are a little more than minor (~66/100%). He's about halfway along the left edge, just entering the thin passageway. Rats feed upon fresh corpses, and ravens scatter from the north end of the outpost.

Synyster's comment brings hope to the poor man's eyes. The man coughs and rests his head back, helpless but waiting for rescue. Synyster is alerted by the scattering of the ravens; he gets the feeling something isn't right and that he should maybe get a closer look from up higher.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:16 am

Letholdus....I'll keep that name in mind. Illia thinks before tossing the logbook to the ground and then checking the inventory papers, possibly to find something of interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:00 pm

"Not a pretty sight. What the hell did all this?" Marth kneels to inspect a nearby corpse, wincing from his wounds. He looks for any useful information, from the appearance of the wounds to anything it might have on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 am

After wiping his mouth, Doru retrieves the stone from the ground and combines it with the other in his possession.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:20 am

Synyster feels odd. "Something ain't right here..." Synyster climbs up a nearby building to scout... Hoping to find what is the trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:47 pm

Illia reviews the inventory pages and notices the usual and expected: medical supplies, rations, alcohol, etc.. Not much else stands out.

As Marth kneels beside a corpse and examines it by voice, he notes that the wounds appear like claw marks. The man wears a basic chestplate and leggings, but they are damaged almost beyond use. A shattered spear lies at his side. The stench is manageable.

When Doru casually picks up the stone, the fluid mysteriously flows off of it, none sticking to the surface, and it dries almost instantaneously. When it pushes up against the other stone, they form together like putty.

Synyster ignores the stone for a moment as he climbs effortlessly up the collapsed building, over the man, and on top of the building to his left. Standing here he sees two men in the darkness on the other side of the collapsed building, preparing to enter the bar from the north. Synyster feels only marginally suspicious, partially due to his own disposition.

Shinpi tends to the helpless man, pulling fruitlessly at the beams that trap him. She squats down on her knees and looks at Doru directly. "I need medical supplies."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These... people are a strange bunch... are they really going to help me? ...or would it be better for me to just die...?

~

"What do you expect?"
"Dunno, let's go see."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:14 pm

Synyster hops back down to the downed man, helping Shinpi to free the man. "Not to alarm you guys but there were some creepy dudes coming into the bar.. I don't feel right about 'em."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
On the Hunt -- Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gym Leader Thread
» The "other game thread"
» Vision's Random Thread of Stumbling
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MedievalIN :: Game :: A Nightly Brood-
Jump to: