MedievalIN

Innate nations Game in medieval time
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 On the Hunt -- Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:35 pm

"So you aren't scared of going out at night... Attacking a werebeast outpost... And you are quite interested in the stone... Even I can connect those dots..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:54 pm

The repeated verbal assaults break the will of the two men. The one in the back grits his teeth, then seems to panic. The shorter one's eyes widen, then he begins to panic. As soon as Synyster finishes his comment, the short man looks at his partner. "Shit, they're on to us!" he stammers as he accelerates back towards the bar. The taller one barely manages a nod and a squeal before he turns tail and runs back through the building.

Synyster chuckles to himself as the short man, attempting to clamber past the rubble, falls flat on his face. The man scrambles and flips over, drawing his sword. "Look man, we're not here to cause trouble!" he pleads uselessly.

As the tall one flees from his partner, he nearly runs into Illia and Talmek. He screams and falls backwards on his tailbone, clambering backwards and drawing his sword. Talmek's eyes burn fiercely as he brandishes his blade and steps forward. "Surrender, beast! I shall claim retribution for your crimes against my soldiers!" he declares.

Marth's echolocative call warns him just in time of a surprise attack from his rear right. He dodges instinctively as a large, black coat wolf tackles where he was standing. It quickly recovers from the miss and stands, fangs bared, several feet in front of Marth and Synyster, growling. Then it speaks in a rage-filled, gravelly tone: "Oh, I wish you hadn't been so observant...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:08 am

Illia raises an eyebrow and looks at Talmek, "Is he part of the group that attacked this outpost?" She says before glaring at the tall person, "And you. You have three seconds to put your sword away, or I will gouge your eyes out-slowly." Illia concludes, attempting to sound as intimidating as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:26 am

Marth, unsure of how to proceed, quickly tries reason. "Look, I- we are not your enemy. Those sword wielding 'Templars' are. No reason to attack us right now." Almost certain it won't work, he makes sure he's ready to dodge the next attack and keeps his echolocation sharp.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:50 pm

Synyster transforms his legs, in preparation for an attack from the wolf. Play it by ear, maybe batman can talk his way out of it... If not, then I'm ready anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:33 pm

Talmek stumbles and shakes his head. His hand goes to his head as if he has a headache. "No, I... don't know, can't remember... I know I've seen his face! It must have been him!" He waves is sword at the man again, but he apparently looks a little delirious. The man on the ground looks at Illia in fear and drops his sword immediately, clambering backwards. "Hey, look, we're not here to cause trouble..." he pleads. Illia's feels somewhat hungry, a little tired.

The wolf, who apparently is a werebeast or else he could not talk, assumes a less aggressive posture and smiles at Marth. "Oh really? You must seek the stones as well. Perhaps we can... help each other out... I see no reason to try to strike you down." His tail waves back and forth slowly.

Synyster attempts to transform but his concentration breaks suddenly and his nerves and muscles tingle, but nothing happens. Transformation failure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Illia carefully places her hand on Talmek's sword arm, "Easy. He put his sword away. And wasn't this place attacked by werebeasts? Why would he wield a sword if he could just transform? We should get our facts straight before jumping to conclusions. Besides, you don't look too good. Maybe you should take it easy just a little?" She says before looking back at the man on the ground, "If you're not here to cause trouble, then what are you here for? And Talmek says he's seen your face before. Why is that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Synyster stares at the wolf. Try something bitch I dare you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:32 pm

"Yes, these stones. We've heard of them. We might have some information that would be of use, and maybe you the same. But I do have to ask, what part do those men over there play in this?" Marth motions his head towards the Templars, relaxing slightly but not completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:21 am

Talmek grunts, grits his teeth, looks at the man in front of him, and sighs. "Fine. You're right, I have better things to worry about." Talmek sheathes his sword and walks past the grounded man, stepping uncomfortably close to his face, at which point the man on the ground winces. Talmek walks with a bit of a limp but otherwise gets through the opening and out of Illia's sight on the other side.

The one on the ground, who is sweating noticably, slowly and cautiously rises to his feet, his hands a bit up and outward as if in surrender. "Th-thanks..." He seems to regain his composure. "I am called Crewe; I'm a Templar emissary. We came here looking for what may have caused this, and possibly survivors."

The wolf reverts back into human form. Fully clothed, by the way. He is tall and quite muscular with short black hair and piercing brown eyes. It seems like punching his face would feel like punching a brick wall. In response to Marth's question, he turns and motions his hand toward the short man and in the direction of the opening. "What part do they play? Why, I'm with them, of course. They'd rather not admit their personal greed for the stones, but in the end trying to help these people was more important. But really they're somewhere they're not supposed to be." He scowls at the short man, who gets up and dusts himself off. "Hey, at least we found some survivors." He looks around at the slaughter. "A little too late it seems..."

Talmek appears in the opening, visible to the party. He reaches his hand to his mouth, overpowered by the stench, then regains himself. He is noticably distraught, practically ignoring the people around him when a voice rings out. A cry of pain, from behind the corner where Shinpi is. Talmek tenses, then shouts "Brother! I come to your aid!" and rushes past the party with blinding speed, unusual considering his injuries.

The few bats that Marth had stationed in the nearby building depart hastily, drawing the attention of both Synyster, who wasn't too involved in the conversation to begin with, and Marth. The big man doesn't seem to notice, instead speaking to Marth. "So, you say you know something about the stones? I would like to hear it. The Templar are quite interested in these powerful objects."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:01 pm

Illia ignores Crewe's thanks before speaking, "Well, you've clearly found one of them. The other is stuck under some rubble. There may be more, but I'm not sure. As for what caused this, that would be a pack of werebeasts. Can't say why they attacked this place, which is why you'll excuse me so I can go look around for more clues." Illia says before walking off to the watchtower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:27 pm

Synyster's ears perk up and he turns his head to the building which the bats departed from. He begins to head to that building, with great caution, eyeballing alternate entrances aside from the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:33 am

Marth tries to quickly work out what he can and cannot tell. "Well, would anything you know about the stones seem to correlate with mysterious men and giant monsters? The information I can give you is limited for the moment, but I will tell you that we may know as little as you." Should probably avoid mentioning that we have one. Doru might kill me if I did...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 pm

Crewe nods as Illia leaves. When she gets to the watchtower, she notices a man dead at the bottom. The platform at the top is destroyed at a corner, which probably explains how the man fell off. The man's weapon does not seem to have survived the fall. To her left she notices animal tracks leading into (or out of, or both) the outpost's northern gate.

Synyster's cautious and unusual movement seems unusual to the wolf-man, who chuckles to himself, though Synyster can't hear this. Synyster looks around at the building; the door is open, there are two shattered, broken windows on the north side and one on the south side, and there appears to be a spot on the roof recently repaired by leaves and thatch. Easy to break through.

The wolf-man laughs heartily when Marth finishes. "Ah, you know little, you say? We Templar know plenty enough about what they do, but where they are is another story. I would in fact call you mysterious, what with all these questions! And monsters? Yea, scary fellows, but uncommon and mysterious as well! So what information do you have, sir... Damn, I would ask your name but I haven't even given mine yet!" He laughs again. "I am Sir Francis, a Templar warrior. Should you tell us something helpful regarding these stones, we'd be glad to help you look for more."

The short man wanders off into the records building. Crewe reappears at the opening to the bar. The others are out of sight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Illia proceeds to go up the watchtower and inspect it further.

>Illia reaches the top no problem. Upon completing her ascent, she notices there is barely enough room to stand what with the destroyed platform. A few arrows lie strewn about, but besides that there's not much of interest. With her advanced night vision she spots some damage on the trees to the north and a couple of dead men on the road leading east. Perhaps they tried to escape, but were cut down?

Illia decides to investigate more before going back down and heading over to the dead men on the eastern road. Something around here has to indicate why this place was attacked...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Marth gives it a moments thought, and decides it best to answer. "I'm Marth. No last name. I'm a traveler, but due to some rather interesting circumstances I have found myself with the few fellows around this area. We were coerced into entering a church, where we were promptly captured and hauled outside to fight a large but vulnerable monster. Once defeated, another man appeared and explained that we needed to head to this very place. He also showed us a stone and explained some minor that they are a source of great power. That is everything we know and that has happened to us." Of course, Marth never meant to tell him the full truth. He hoped that the templar would be satisfied with the answer, and that none of the others blow his little lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:36 pm

Synyster proceeds to the south side window, and jumps on the sill, eyeballing the inside before completely entering. Gotta keep my eyes open. This shit is whack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:10 am

Finding nothing interesting on the watchtower, Illia heads down the ladder and starts heading towards the fallen bodies. From afar she can see that they were struck from behind and their armor was searched.

Sir Francis nods in reply to Marth. "So you are new to the hunt. Well then, what say we work together to find more stones!?" He raises his fist in the air with a look of determination.

The short man exits the records building with an annoyed look on his face, muttering something about "...damn records... destroying documents...", apparently unaware that Illia took most documents of interest.

Synyster carelessly jumps onto the windowsill and, through some stroke of poor perception and bad foot-placement, steps on several shards of broken glass, piercing his feet and causing moderate pain (29/35). His dexterity is also temporarily impaired. Despite this, his attention is drawn to the knocking noises coming from the closet in the back north corner.

Doru's rest regenerates significant health and stamina (30/30 HP) (Stamina++). Crewe looks at his shorter comrade with an annoyed look. "Dude, Raff, we don't have all night."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:57 am

Illia continues toward the bodies.

>When she reaches them, she notices they haven't been dead for long, perhaps less than an hour. More claw marks gore their bodies. Various parts of their armor have been stripped off, as if their killers were searching for something. A couple field rats investigate the corpses.

Hmm...nothing here either. Maybe I'm just better off going back to the group. Illia concludes before heading back.


Last edited by Donutt on Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:13 pm

Doru slowly returns his body to its normal composition, recalling his orb and pulling up his blindfold while he does so. After his stone transformation recedes, he walks to the edge opposite the Templar and Marth. Doru then hops down, reducing the noise and speed with his wings. Doru then hunches his back and slowly approaches the two slowly from behind the building. In his most cracked and aged voice he speaks,  "H-hello?" he asks, "Who's there? We don't have any money so please just leave us alone"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Marth, unsure of how to act, stays silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:27 am

Synyster picks the glass out of his foot and climbs to the roof and takes a big fucking nap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:46 pm

When Illia returns to the outpost gate, she notices the wounded man from before being supported by Talmek as they head towards the medical building. Shinpi follows close behind. She notices Illia and waves at her.

Sir Francis stares at Doru with a confused look on his face as he slowly lowers his fist. "Ah, no sir, I don't want your money, I was just... ah, whatever..." He turns around and begins to walk towards the bar to exit. "If you do change your mind, we are camped out north for a while. You can see our fire once you walk a little past the treeline."

With nobody having anything else to say, Crewe turns and starts to head out the northern side of the bar, noticing Illia. "We're heading a little ways north to our temporary camp. Good luck on your travels."

Synyster plucks out the glass shards with finesse, minimizing further harm. He scales the roof with the same effort as walking and, finding a nice flat spot, falls asleep quickly. (Stamina+)

Francis is followed by "Raff". The area is eerily silent. There is a chill in the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Illia politely smiles and nods toward Shinpi before also nodding to Crewe. Well, there may be a little time... Illia thinks to herself before heading to the bar and seeing if it's possible she could make herself a drink.

>Illia enters the bar and finds a few glasses of beer left on the tables. Some selection of alcohol has been damaged by battle, but the further half looks mostly intact. A couple men lie slain close to the bar opening. Besides this, the bar itself looks filthy, as if it gets cleaned maybe once a week. (Make whatever drink you like, it's all available.)

Illia chooses simplicity as she simply takes a glass and fills it with regular ale. She then goes outside to where the group is, all the while sipping on her beverage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:34 pm

Doru sits down and observes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
On the Hunt -- Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gym Leader Thread
» Vision's Random Thread of Stumbling
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game
» Best Fight Thread!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MedievalIN :: Game :: A Nightly Brood-
Jump to: