MedievalIN

Innate nations Game in medieval time
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 On the Hunt -- Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Illia breaks free from her attackers and forcefully pushes through the doorway. On the other side she meets a wall of people who all restrain her and begin to coerce her towards the plaza. Try as she would, even her greatest efforts would not break the bonds of rope that have been dextrously tied around her hands, now behind her back.

Synyster attempts to balance, but the shaking of the church and the slam of Illia against the doorway knock him off balance and he falls into the welcoming arms of two friendly people who happily escort him out of the church, binding his arms with some rope. Not much; they notice he's not that strong.

Doru ponders the object in his hand as he is escorted out of the church.

Marth does not resist and patiently complies with the two men, who gently lead him outside.

Synyster, Doru, and Marth are placed a few feet into the plaza close to Illia, and the people from inside the church begin to line up on the outside edge of the plaza, forming a gigantic circle. Moments after Marth joins the group, a frightened girl barely out of her teens is led into the plaza as well.

Facing the fountain, the party hears Uat's voice proclaiming from the church doors. "Here that stand in line before you are the five sacrifices of darkness to be offered to the Greater King, he who feeds on darkness itself!" The plaza is entirely engulfed in shadow; the sun is mere moments from setting completely. "And now, he comes! Do you feel it! Oh Titan, we grant you this offering! Show us mercy, and show us your power!"

...

...

The bricks in the plaza split and crumble, crushed to powder under the Titan's feet. Having leapt from beyond sight, it now stands over the fountain, which is not damaged, and it turns to face its offering. The beast lets out a primal, jurassic roar befitting its forty-foot size; the top of its head matches the church steeple. As it roars the dozens bony fingers once folded over its back like the curled legs of a morbid spider unfurl, extending several yards outwards and forming a cage-like structure surrounding the circle of the plaza; the unfurling of these wing-fingers barely misses the sidestepping party.. It stares at its prey for what seems like an eternity, salivating from its carnivorous jaws and flexings its claws in anticipation. Though it seems humanoid in basic structure, even Doru has seen nothing quite like it.

As these precious moments pass, the dusk vanishes and transforms completely into night. Moonlight dominates even more than the setting sun, which no longer stifles even the stars. All gain their strength back, the strength befitting a nocturnal predator, the kings of night, more than enough to break their simple bonds.

Some in the crowd cheer, others flee in fright, but many stand in awe, realizing that these small creatures standing before them may stand a much better chance. They seem much more powerful with the stifling sun having vanished.

The rock in Doru's hand resonates with the night; he feels his powers are strengthened. He also feels revitalized by it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you certain about the girl?"
"I see some things even you cannot, Master."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:49 am

Breaking his bonds as he transforms, Synyster immediately slinks into the darkness. If it's a fight they want, then a fight they get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:10 am

Looks like I've got no choice at this point. All I wanted to do was drink in peace, but that's too much to ask for apparently. "You want a fight then? Fine, I'll give you a show!" Illia shouts to the crowd before breaking free of her restraints and transforming. Seems I'm not alone in this. In that case... Illia quickly thinks to herself before using [Rallying Roar].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Doru flies into the air and begins inspecting the stone he was given.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:26 am

Marth examines the others and considers a snide joke, but refrains. Titan? Is that Greek? Who cares. He prepares his wings for flight and tries to quickly take to the side of the creature and circle it. Way too big, I hope one of those guys can do something because I don't think it'll just let me run away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:19 am

Synyster succeeds in full transformation, turning into a black panther and blending in with the darkness. He is invisible to the behemoth.

Illia's transformation is not as fluid, but she succeeds, tears apart her bonds, and lets out a fearsome roar, inspiring her allies to strike harder. (+2 damage for next 2 turns.)

Doru flies up, careful to stay below the arching wing-limbs of the creature. He examines the stone and recognizes its unusual lunar quality. It strikingly resembles the moon, glows, and feels remarkably smooth in his hand. It's about the size of a cueball (though pool hasn't been invented yet; this is for reference). Doru admires this stone, and feels power while it is in his possession.

Marth transforms his wings with some effort and flies up and around the creature. He notices that the monster isn't entirely made of flesh; in fact, it's mostly made of some hard material, with weak spots in certain places.

The blonde woman shrieks as chaos seems to erupt around her, and she gets on her knees with her hands to her ears in an attempt to ignore or drown out what's happening.

The giant rears back in surprise, and the appendages on its back shake. When Doru and Marth take flight and get closer to these appendages, they shake and twirl back and forth rapidly, preventing an easy escape between the "limbs." It does not know where to focus its eyes, and, for now, takes no action.

Men and women in the crowd jump back in fear as the colossus seems to tremble in shock. They had never seen people fighting back, let alone transforming, taking flight, and preparing for battle. The crowd remains silent in amazement.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa, think they can beat him?"
"Nah, nobody's ever even scratched that thing..."
"Shh, it might hear you! And you'll be next!"

OOC: You will see that you have a new section at the bottom of your character sheets called Lunar Counter. I will show you how to fill this out later as it has to do with the story. Brandon's character has made use of the Lunar Counter already since he has fulfilled the conditions to tap into its power. More on that later.

P.S.: Sorry I hadn't mentioned it, but you get like 2 actions per combat turn. Like, first turn was okay to break bonds as a free action, and Doru's forming of the sword below counts as only one action even though he had to use telekinesis to do it.


Last edited by TitanShadow12 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:56 am

Doru looks again to the stone briefly before swallowing it whole. After swallowing it, Doru begins to emanate a red light from his body.

After assessing himself, Doru uses his new found power to rip the blood from as many of the spectators as he can, pooling the acquired blood around him. Doru uses his telekinesis to shape the blood into a massive blade. (appearance: http://i.imgur.com/Abg9vgJ.jpg)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:08 pm

Marth decides to test the beast's hearing with a screech right at it's left ear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:06 am

Illia steals a quick glance at the crowd as Doru rips the blood from some of them. Can't say I'll miss them, after all this. And what's that girl doing here? Why would she be a sacrifice? First thing's first though... Her thoughts trailed off before focusing her attention back on the titan. Illia charges the behemoth's left leg and attempts to rake it with her claws, also while examining the monster for any weaknesses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Synyster observes the monster while remaining in the shadows, but continues to move around to avoid any splash/stray damage. He'll never know what hit him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:58 pm

The stone seems to melt and flow down Doru's palette soothingly, even easier to swallow than blood. It feels kind of cold. Doru then tears a large quantity of blood from eight people nearby using telekinesis, killing six instantly, rendering one unconscious, and injuring another. The last one falls to his knees and cries out in fear, his eyes full of astonishment, "It's him!! THE HERALD OF DIMENSIONS!!!", and he subsequently faints. The power of the consumed stone grants Doru more power, lessening the strain on his body and allowing him to craft a sword of hardened human blood that he struggles to hold. The technique takes a lot of energy out of Doru; he realizes he's not at full strength regarding stamina.

Marth [Screech]es in the beast's ear, causing it to recoil and cover its ears as it growls in pain. Marth senses its claws and quickly dodges them, and as he does he notices what seems to be a weak spot on its left wrist. Marth realizes that he is not at full strength regarding stamina.

Illia and Synyster both observe that the monster is mostly covered in rock armor. The exposed portions show what seems to be a "root" system of "branches," like plant-like vessels and muscle fibers. The only exposed parts lie around its neck, left wrist, and right ankle. Illia's swipe causes some rocks to crumble, but her swipe also bumps a sword that was stuck in its leg; the force loosens the blade. When the sword is disturbed, the behemoth moves its leg back several feet away from Illia. Synyster is close to the behemoth's opposite leg.

Illia also realizes that she is not at full strength regarding stamina.

The blonde girl looks up as the fighting happens and doesn't seem to be as frightened, even as the blood from the crowd soars over her head and begins to form into a blade. She turns and walks closer to the crowd, beginning to converse to someone rather close to the "cage."

The behemoth swipes forth blindly with its right arm, passing in front of Doru and behind Illia, doing no damage.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, do you think..."
"No, did you see its face?"
"I'm just saying, maybe it can use it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:04 am

Doru uses his physical strength along with his telekinesis to lift the massive blade above his head before using the same power to crash the blade down upon the titan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:24 am

Illia runs up to the exposed spot on the titan's right ankle and uses her [Maul] on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:53 pm

So that's it... Synyster hops on the beast's leg and begins climbing to the beast's neck where its weak spot is, and uses [Debilitating bite].
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:30 pm

Marth flies to the nearest roof and sits on the other side, retracting his wings and watching the beast's movements. I should probably tell the other brutes what I saw on his arm, but for now I'll just see if there's anything else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:26 am

Illia, no longer under the effect of transformation sickness, charges at full strength from one leg to the other and, with her advanced senses, succeeds in striking the exposed part of the monster's right ankle just as the titan retaliates with its right arm, connecting with a glancing blow on Illia's body and sending her spinning into the fountain, destroying the spout on top and dealing some damage. Thankfully, nothing is broken. (25/31). The beast, however, suffers, and begins spurting black fluid from its ankle. (64/75)

The black panther seems at home swiftly climbing up the body of the huge creature. Though Synyster's bite is weak, the strike is well placed and harms the target. (58/75)

As Marth glides through the air, before he can even finish his thought--let alone alight on a building--his attempt to fly through the "cage" the foe has erected fails miserably; the giant twists suddenly and the finger-like projections from its back twirl along with it, nailing Marth's upper torso and violently propelling him to the ground, still trapped with the monster. Marth was smart and quick enough to brace for impact as the monster struck him, so damage wasn't severe. (19/28)

Doru lifts the immense crimson blade menacingly into the air as he hovers and sends it crashing down onto the head of the colossus, cracking the rock armor on its head and bringing the monster to its knees, howling in pain. The attack has wounded the monster somewhat. (46/75) As the monster falls, Synyster nimbly jumps off, even though he felt the reverberations from the sword strike.

The girl comes back from the crowd with a bow in hand, but as she sees Marth tumbling through the air she quickly puts it away and rushes to his aid, sprinting between the monsters legs as it collapses to aid Marth, who fell behind the monster. She offers to help him up. "Don't run. You need to fight."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow, he swallowed the stone. Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:18 am

Doru glances towards Uat before reshaping the blade into many smaller swords of varying appearance. As these form he attempts to rip more blood from the crowd, pooling it around him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:44 am

Illia shakes the hit off and charges back at the titan before attempting to bite the same spot she just struck on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Perfect... Synyster jumps onto the beast and claws at its neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:38 pm

"Goddamn brute, that was painful!" I'm no fighter, this is bad...

Hoping to disorient him, he throws another screech directed at it's head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Blood flows outward from seven people in the crowd, killing six and rendering one unconscious. The rest finally wisen up to the situation and flee in fear. Now the plaza ring is empty save for the men in black cloaks standing in front of the church. He succeeds in splitting the sword into separate pieces, but the extensive and strenuous use of telekinesis afflicts Doru with an extremely painful headache; the swords drop to the ground, and the new blood pools around Doru's feet as he himself lands. He feels about halfway exhausted.

Synyster climbs quickly up the monster a second time and delivers a powerful strike at its neck, tearing out a sizable chunk. (37/75) Synyster's previous bite takes effect; the monster seems slightly dizzy. Synyster realizes he is not at full strength regarding stamina.

Illia springs forth with great ferocity and violently lunges at the great beast, who is too slow to react in time. Her bite tears through the giant's right ankle, nearly severing its foot, causing it to collapse and fall on its right side. (22/75) As it does so, the many limbs on its back fold up to prevent damage, while the extensions on the left side stand stiffly up in the air. Blood continues to pour out from the previous mauling. (19/75)

Marth inhales deeply and lets out a nearly deafening screech, at which the girl violently slaps him. Marth's face stings with excruciating pain, (15/28) and the girl drags his dizzy body out of the way of the falling monster.

The titan growls harshly and reaches out with its left hand to grab Doru, but its claws reach several feet to Doru's right. As his headaches begin to subside, Doru notices that the beast's wrist bears no rock armor, and a slight glow emanates from deep within the plant-like structure, the vine-like vessels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 pm

Almost there... Illia thinks before rushing to the fallen giant's face and attempts to viciously claw its right eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:45 pm

Synyster runs to the fallen beast and bites its neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:43 am

Marth lets himself be dragged and contemplates his situation Man I'm obliviously pathetic. So many years alive and I get slapped out by a random woman that I willfully ignored. Damn it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 445
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:58 am

Doru turns his right hand to stone in as it is open and grasping.(like this: http://i.imgur.com/Eg2I6BW.jpg) Then he turns to the monsters arm and uses [Heartseeker Punch] into the glow of the beasts arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
On the Hunt -- Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gym Leader Thread
» Vision's Random Thread of Stumbling
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game
» Best Fight Thread!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MedievalIN :: Game :: A Nightly Brood-
Jump to: