MedievalIN

Innate nations Game in medieval time
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 On the Hunt -- Game Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:00 pm

Illia's strike does not hit the fallen monster's eye directly due to the surrounding rock armor, but the force of her blow breaks through the armor on his face, dealing indirect damage. (13/75) She feels about halfway exhausted.

Synyster's bite is ferocious and aimed keenly, completely severing the monster's head. (-2/75) However, this doesn't seem to kill the monster instantly; as its head rolls over and its visage faces the sky, the titan smiles, and the spines on its back twitch and lunge towards Doru, Illia, and Synyster, intending to impale them.

Marth looks on, and he realizes that the party can't dodge in time.

However, Doru's hand and wrist turn to stone in a claw-like position, and he forcefully thrusts his hand into the left wrist of the colossus before the spines strike, easily tearing through the vine-like vessels and tearing out a glowing stone, about the size of a softball (though these have not been invented yet). At this moment, the body of the beast freezes, stopped completely mid-strike. The vine-like structure begins to visibly decay, albeit slowly. The smile is still stuck on the giant's face.

Silence takes over for a few moments. Some men in cloaks look astonished; others nod their heads in acknowledgement. Synyster and Doru notice that Ferons Uat does not seem angry; rather, he seems pleased. Doru and Marth realize that this victory must have been his plan from the beginning; Doru draws a connection to the glowing stones.

"Well, well, well, you five are perfect for the task. Would you like to go on a crusade?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa, never seen one that big before."
"Nah, there's some way bigger than that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:57 am

Doru removes the full vial of blood from its pouch and begins pouring it towards the ground, but as the blood Doru uses his powers to shape the fluid into a blade. Doru also dissolves the previous swords and adds their volume to the pooled blood at his feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Illia reverts back into her human form and glares at Uat, "Hmmm, go on a crusade, or tear your throat out. Decisions, decisions..." She says, just waiting for any provocation to set her off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Marth sits silently and contemplatively. I've no desire to further any missions that might put me in the way of such creatures.That vampire though... Yep, definitely not getting involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:39 pm

Synyster reverts back to his human form. "Uhh... No. I would rather sleep." Synster yawns and begins to walk away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:14 am

The many scattered swords begin to break apart and dissolve into the pooled blood underneath, and Doru tips over a vial to create a new sword. This one bears a resemblance to a powerful, ancient sword, once used to slay powerful beasts. It looks like it was fit for only a superhuman man to wield.

Synyster begins to walk away from the group. The girl remains quiet, looking at Marth curiously.

One cloaked man begins to eye the group warily, especially Illia.

Uat smiles broadly. "Ah, but wouldn't you like to know the meaning of true power?" He looks at Doru, and gestures towards him. "See the stone he has in his hand. Did you witness his power? Come, I know you all want a taste."

OOC: Sorry it took me so long this time. Had to get set up in my new place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:04 pm

"I'm not interested in power. All I wanted was to enjoy a drink alone, but you ruined that. I'm really tempted to kill right now, but I've got better things to do." Illia finishes before turning to walk away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:47 pm

As the sword forms, Doru grasps the handle and turns it over as it forms, "I will join your crusade, however you will allow me to cut off both of your arms, my blade needs to be blooded." (get it? blood-ed)

OOC: The sword is a replica of Beowulf's Nægling, created from the blood of Wiglaf, his friend who died to the dragon. This painting is how I would like it to be imagined in game,

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:57 pm

With nothing much to say himself, Marth stares back. After a few moments he decided that he was quite bored with staring and would ask what she was all about. "Thank you, what is your name?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Uat seems to be taken aback slightly by each comment. A black cloaked man at his right side mutters something inaudibly; Marth hears something about a "mother," "commoners," and "emotions." Uat responds to each in sequence:

To Illia: "Dear Illia, your lack of ambition astounds me. Would not your mother have wanted you to grow up and become the strongest and freest you could be?"

To Doru: "I'm afraid I can't afford my arms to be destroyed, but if the fluid at your feet does not suit to sate thy blade's thirst, I can offer you a nobler blood." The man at his right walks forward a few steps and presents his arms outward.

To Marth: "Oh, even your keen ears did not pick up my name, announced during the ceremony? I'm afraid proper introductions are in order; I am Ferons Uat, the people here call me "Venerable," and I know all about you four." He raises his chin and looks out over the party. "Even you, sly Gates." Synyster turns and halts at the sound of his name.

"You see, the only way I could get this to work is to organize you all in one place; a difficult prospect considering your differences. However, I was able to draw upon the power of curiosity to gather you here. Unfortunately, there also had to be a test, not for yourselves as much as for the people. They want warriors for the 'crusade,' but I know we need warriors that can kill these powerful beasts."

"Monsters, like the one you just fought, bear these stones within them. Their power is unknown, but legend says that they can grant you any desire." Doru has heard of no such legend. "Perhaps, infinite power? Wealth, music, and mortality? Resurrection of the dead? I bet even you," pointing towards Synyster, "can find some way to use this power, oh mysterious one."

The blonde girl, who hasn't moved from behind Marth, cocks her head to the side and moves her head closer to Marth's, seeming to inspect his features. "Why haven't you changed back?" she asks in a childish-like voice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:13 pm

Illia stops in her tracks and turns around, "Any wish? That sounds a little too good to be true." But what if it's true? Illia's mind struggles with doubt, unsure of what to believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:29 pm

Doru slowly approaches the man and lays a hand on his shoulder, in order to make sure he doesn't run, and slowly pushes the tip of his sword into the mans chest. All the while using his telekinesis to siphon the pooled blood into his own mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:01 pm

"Mostly out of general confusion and idiocy" Marth responds. He transforms back while eyeing Uat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:01 pm

Synyster's ears perk up. He turns around with an inquisitive look on his face. "You have gained my interest, which is quite a feat in itself. Now who gets the stone from the one we just killed?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:57 pm

Marth begins to feel some of the toll of the battle; he is about halfway exhausted. The girl looks at Marth and giggles slightly. She squats down beside him, looks at him curiously again, and starts to twirl his hair around her finger.

Uat smiles at Illia. "Mere pebbles bring life to these giant creatures of rocks and vines. Imagine what power may lie with more stones. A handful of stones? Several handfuls of this mysterious rock?" He looks to his left. "The Templar may know more; I personally believe the pope has his own personal reasons for launching this 'religious' crusade."

The man whom Doru stabs grunts slightly, and a grimace appears on his face as the blood flows down and joins the original pooled blood. This blood all moves as one, almost like a living creature, towards Doru, until, when it's right beneath him, streams of blood gently flow upward and into his mouth. Doru is mostly replenished; he can continue until completely satisfied, or he can engorge himself on the remaining blood.

Uat chuckles at Synyster's question. "Why, that is for you all to decide. But, if it makes the decision easier, the stone can be split into shards, and any shard can be only so small. If you were to split, crush, shatter, or otherwise destroy this new stone, I'd say it would break down into about... ten shards, which cannot be broken down further."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Linkenten

avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Marth takes full notice of the girl when she giggles. "Hello there, haven't met you before. You were quite the help. May I have your name as well?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:17 pm

Doru uses his power once again, shaping the pooled blood into samurai style armour on his left arm. He then takes the stone he retrieved from the beast and splits it in half, throwing one half to the lion girl, "You were the biggest impact during our fight so I will allow you to have some of the reward."

OOC: You can make me throw up regurgitate the first stone now if you want.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:47 pm

Illia is quick to react and catches the piece of stone and nods to Doru, "Thanks, I guess." At first I thought he was just an insane murderer, but now I can see he's an insane murderer that recognizes hard work. It's an improvement at least. Maybe if he buys me a drink I might even consider him an alright per-err...vampire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:31 pm

"You were a good distraction lion girl, but not the biggest impact in the fight.. You should try thinking before you attack.. You might actually hurt someone then."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:56 am

The girl shows a little surprise when Marth speaks to her, and she looks away slightly. She blushes slightly, but Marth cannot tell. Marth can tell that her heart rate is rising slightly. "Oh, uh... thanks. I'm Shinpi..." and her voice trails off.

Illia feels like some sort of power is emanating from the stone. Energy seems to flow into her hand.

At Synyster's comment, the man to Uat's right, who just got his chest stabbed, looks up slightly. His face is still hidden by his dark hood. He says nothing—Shinpi interjects: "Hey! That's not a nice thing to say! She fought hard and you know it!" After this outburst, she abruptly brings her hand over her mouth in surprise, and looks away, blushing heavily.

Uat seems to have taken no notice or interest in the current situation. He points to his left, where he had just looked, at a path leading past the right of the church and around the backs of the buildings. "That path leads out of the city a little ways into an old storage outpost. You can find supplies and rest there, then head on a path east to a Templar hideout. They can tell you more about the situation at hand."

A man to his left takes off his hood and speaks in a young, happy tone. "The walk's not far. You can probably get to the outpost in less than an hour."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Illia glances at the girl apparently named Shinpi and grins, "I like this girl!" She says before switching her gaze to Synyster, "And as for you, you're welcome to take any problems you have against me, or the vampire lord over there, to our faces." If we really are about to go on a journey together, I'd rather just get this over with. If he chooses to confront one of us and dies because of it, well, that's his problem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucifer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 443
Join date : 2013-09-01

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:41 pm

"I will be on my way to this 'outpost' shortly, but first, I am called Doru Thorne. Feel free to accompany me." Doru says, glancing at Uat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Bacon2

avatar

Posts : 162
Join date : 2014-09-03

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:34 pm

With a scowl at Shinpi but saying nothing, Synyster walks off to the storage outpost.  This bitch is whack...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donutt

avatar

Posts : 221
Join date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:24 am

Illia shrugs off what just happened and walks closer to Doru, "Illia Maxwell is my name. And I suppose I could join you. We'll definitely be better off traveling as a group."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TitanShadow12

avatar

Posts : 334
Join date : 2013-09-07
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Uat responds to Doru: "Although I would be delighted to join you, I'm afraid I must remain here for the sake of the populace. My absence from the people who depend on me could turn out devastating." Doru is pretty sure Uat is giving out bullshit; since Doru hasn't heard of him, his activities must be underground.

He continues: "Rest assured; I will be watching, making sure you're on the right track." At this, the cheerful man to his left nods and jumps high into the air, somersaulting backwards onto the church and disappearing behind the bell tower.

Shinpi receives Illia's compliment with a slight nod and a smile, but is taken aback by Synyster's scowl, after which she clutches the nearest arm, that of Marth, who just stood up and began to start off.


The party begins to walk ahead, but nobody has even yet exited the plaza. They are still well within earshot of Uat but can also see the road ahead, which goes past many buildings for perhaps a mile or two and then goes up a gently sloping, meadowy hill.


Last edited by TitanShadow12 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: On the Hunt -- Game Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
On the Hunt -- Game Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gym Leader Thread
» The "other game thread"
» Vision's Random Thread of Stumbling
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» The "Who would win?" game

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MedievalIN :: Game :: A Nightly Brood-
Jump to: