MedievalIN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MedievalIN

Innate nations Game in medieval time

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The First Ring

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:15 am

In the beginning, there were seven gods; Greed, the god of avarice; Lust, the goddess of desire; Envy, the goddess of jealousy; Pride, the god of vanity; Sloth, the god of apathy; Wrath, the god of anger; and Gluttony the god of engorgement. Each of their followers argue who created the plane of mundus, the plane of hatred, and the plane of Enlightenment. These religious battles are the cause of many of the wars within the population of the world.

In the Elvish city of Koka. People mope about and try to scavenge food to feed their young, while the military seeks to recruit any able bodied man or woman to fight in the war. Few are eager for the war, and those that dread it are keeping hidden. The people of Koka are worshipers of the goddess Lust, this is the cause of the war. The king of the nation where Koka resides Desires a woman from another country and has declared war on them for her hand.

In the tavern within Koka, people complain about their problems. Suddenly an unknown aura fills the room, it is that of a tiefling. The people within the tavern turn to see who it could be. The tiefling briefly surveys the room and spots many faces that dont belong in the croud, but one stands out. The face of the divine in the corner.

The tiefling sits at the bar, and the barkeeper says in her direction, "Would you like anything special m'lady? Or will you have the cheap shit everyone can afford, its only 10 silvers."

OOC: Josh you are in the tavern and you get second turn.

Last edited by Lucifer on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://medievalinop.forumotion.com
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:22 am

Annabeth smiles at the barkeep, but the smile is filled with only poison, and her eyes show that she thinks of the elf as being less than herself. "Give me something strong."

She surveys the patrons in the bar, attempting to spot any threats, and looking for any purses to pick, before receiving her drink, and handing the man 10 silvers. After preforming these two acts, she turns her attention to the divine scum, giving him a look as cold as ice before sipping her... drink, if she could even call it that.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Zumaoriridoka sat, contemplating the meaning of his nickname, Bruce, and decided that the human mind was much too difficult for himself to understand--or any other mind for that matter. Not including the troll, of course. He came to the tavern occasionally, listening to the gossip and catching the recent news around town, especially about the war. Divines are especially interested in world-changing events, and Zumaoriridoka is no different.

His thoughts were interrupted by the introduction of another presence; a different aura, as if of a realm opposite of his own. Not that he knew extensively about auras, but he knows what a demon aura felt like.

Glancing towards the source of this mysterious energy, Zumaoriridoka settled a little, but not for long. He saw that the girl was a rogue, judging by her outfit and weaponry, and probably didn't want anything to do with a poor monk like himself. However, her gaze lingered for a little while. Something's not right...

He tried to remain calm and continued to sip from his cup of water, trying not to make eye contact.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:02 pm

OOC: talking is free so i'll interrupt when something important happens. Feel free to continue this until I interject.
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:03 am

Annabeth stands with her drink in hand, and moves over to the aura of the divine, knowing by instinct that this man is an exact opposite of herself. She gives him a curt smile, coupled with an icy glance, before sitting down right next to him. Whereupon she unsheathes her short sword, and begins inspecting it. She then makes an attempt at calling over the bartender, and purchasing a rag for cheap.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Zumaoriridoka, a little unnerved by the rashness of the rogue, sets down his cup of water, and withdraws from his cloak a loaf of bread and a little firewood, as if to say "I have no money."

He eyes the sword questioningly, wondering why this part-demon would have any interest in dealing with a divine in the first place, and prepares himself for what might happen next.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:12 pm

Each God has two apostles, so in total there are fourteen apostles. Each apostle has two Lords. The lords are not obviously of supernatural quality, they could be a beggar on the street or the general of an army.

With the war raging between the followers of Lust and the followers of Envy, many new Figures of importance have arisen.

The barkeep seeing the motion comes to the table with the Tiefling and the divine. "I would be happy to serve you, but may I please ask you to put your blade away, you may frighten my costomers." He asks, "Does your friend need anything?"

Anabeth feels uneasy.
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 11:23 pm

Annabeth grips her blade tightly; then, sheathing her sword, she looks at the Divine and gives him a curt look, saying, "That's right! My friend still needs to order something!" She smiles thusly at the two before scanning the room, looking for the source of her unease. Though she may have her blade sheathed, she's ready to draw it at a moment's notice. "And a rag. I wanted to buy one, I'll pay two silver for one of those dirty things."
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:59 pm

When the barkeep looks at Zumaoriridoka to see if he needed anything, he shakes his head no and remains silent. He returns his possessions to his cloak and sits, waiting, a little reassured that this... assassin? Rogue? Drunk woman?... hasn't tried to stab him yet, and probably won't anytime soon, at least not in a crowded place. And not with her sword sheathed.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:46 pm

With the war raging, the gods are in argument as well. Soon a god war may begin and spell the end for the people of mundus.

"I'll go get ye a rag milady, but it'll cost ya 5 silvers not 2." The barkeep says to the teifling.

Nothing odd is noticed about the room by Annabeth.

Did the room just get darker?
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:22 am

Annabeth begins to pull out the extra three coins, but then revising this idea, she says, "Keep your filthy rag, I don't need it now." She keeps a tight grip on her swords as she wonders if the room just got darker (roll for perception check). Since she feels no immediate danger though, she turns her cold, demonic gaze towards the divine. Wondering as to why this little goody goody fallen angle boy would be in a shady place like this. She keeps her attention divided between the room and the divine, as she just... stares at him, only interrupting this action once to glance at the spot where her dagger lay hidden in her boot.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:27 am

Zumaoriridoka still doesn't understand why this tiefling has taken so much interest in him, but as she doesn't look immediately hostile, he shifts his attention towards the other patrons in the room, listening for the latest events...
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:46 am

In the past many religious wars have happened, but no people have become extinct. Each people has a way of surviving somehow.

As the barkeep returns to his station at the counter, a dark figure appears at the door to the tavern. The figure slowly opens the door to reveal a group of soldiers with a storm at their backs.

The soldiers stumble into the bar and attempt to make conversation with the inhabitants of the bar, However the attempt at chit-chat is failed and the soldiers settle in at the counter and order some drinks.

One soldier notices the couple of opposite races in the corner. He moves over to them and when close enough it is obvious that he is human. Not completely human though, as he looks ragged and as though he hasn't slept in years.

The human introduces himself, "Hello fellow outcasts, my name is Genn Arugal, and I am looking to recruit some of the local people to our cause. Would either of you happen to be interested?"
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 12:52 am

Annabeth looks over the human as he begins to speak, and sees a few shiny bits that might be worth something on the black market. Though, when she hears about "recruiting", she responds almost immediately by saying, "Fuck you, you've interrupted my thoughts." She then turned her attention to the divine, and decides to poke him in the face.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:02 am

The sudden entrance of the guards piqued Zumaoriridoka's interest, and he kept watch as one soldier approaches. When he asks about joining the cause, he shakes his head; his quest does not belong nor is involved with the military.

Then he felt something jab at his face; the tiefling quite literally "bursted his bubble," which irritated him. He answered the girl with a simple "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:17 am

Annabeth stares at the divine, who has now asked her a direct question, and simply replies, "I'm deciding whether or not something like you would be useful to me. Or if I should kill you." Annabeth has all her senses save her eyes trained on the soldier she knows is behind her, fully expecting hi to react to her obscene comment.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Zumaoriridoka replies: "Good intentions warrant helpful actions.  'Evil people' are not my concern, only evil actions." Glancing at the woman's sword, he adds:  "I am confident you don't want to dirty your blade with my blood." He also looks at the soldier, expecting one of those "lawful" "goody two-shoes" military-man responses.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:01 pm

In the past all of the gods have fought each other at some time except for Lust and Envy, who are soon to do battle.

"Ah I understand." Replies the Genn with a sullen look in his eyes. Genn returns to his group of soldiers, where some of the tavern people have joined him. He tells them that they will get their equipment soon.

Genn then looks at the tiefling and the divine int he back, and waves to them.

As the soldiers leave Annabeth notices a ring of some unknown metal with a gem of unknown rarity on the finger of Genn. As the soldiers leave, light returns to the tavern.

it seems only Bruce and Annabeth noticed the change in lighting.
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Annabeth spots the ring, and takes note of the change in lighting as the soldiers leave. "Come with me if you want something that I think will be useful to someone of your... nature. Or just sit there and listen to people talk." Annabeth, filled with a tad bit of rougish pride, decides to shadow this soldier with a fancy ring, and claim it for herself. She stands up and pursues her mark, attempting to keep herself under the radar for the time being.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Seeing as the lighting was all wonky and most of the patrons left, Zumaoriridoka decided to pursue the action. Curious of the rogue's interests in the matter, he does what she says and follows her. He takes one last look at the tavern as they exit, wondering what was wrong with the lights, then decides to approach the rogue. He had nothing better to do anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 4:27 pm

The two follow the group of soldiers outside, where they are getting the new recruits equip with their gear. A few locals have assembled near the group of soldiers. "Who do you fight for?" the people ask. "Why we fight for our god of course." Genn replies. "Your armour doesn't look the same as the soldiers in our army, who do you serve, and what are you doing here?" One man says with a crack in his voice.

Some soldiers look at the group and glare, but with a wave of Genn's hand they go back to helping the new recruits. "I don't believe we need to tell you that." Genn says with a smirk.

The locals seem uneasy, but one boy pushes his way to the front, " Tell us what you are doing here and where you are taking our friends!" the boy demands.

One of the soldiers moves toward the boy, but Genn stops him and says. "We are followers of the god Wrath. Now if you know whats best for this town you will not speak of this again."

The group of locals disperse and the boy sits down crying.

The soldiers begin to leave the city from the eastern gate. Bruce suspects that they are heading toward the next city to find more recruits.
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm

Annabeth walks up to the balling child, and attempts to yank him up by the shirt, "Where are those men going, and why were they recruiting villagers, and stop crying." she says this in a voice that hints that if she doesn't get the information she wants, she may cut something of yours off, attempting to intimidate the kid into giving the information up.
Back to top Go down
TitanShadow12

TitanShadow12

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Zumaoriridoka is shocked by this show of ruthlessness--and irrationality.

Sheesh, she's being a bit harsh. Maybe I should intervene.

He speaks up, sternly. "Put him down. He just asked these questions seconds ago; he knows nothing about the matter. They're probably marching to another city for more recruits. And why else would the recruit soldiers except for an army?"
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Admin
Lucifer

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm

When Annabeth yanks the boy off of the ground he begins to sob even more, until she demands he stops crying. After Bruce's intervention, with the boy still dangling from Annabeth's grip, he says,"I-I think they are g-going to D-Dresden." The boy busts unto tears as he finishes the sentence.

A passing Vagrant hears The name Dresden and in the direction of the group, shrieks, "THAT PLACE IS FOUL, IF YOU EVER WISH TO BE CLEAN YOU MUST NEVER GO THERE!" As he runs off into the night.
Back to top Go down
Shinjuku

Shinjuku

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:58 pm

Annabeth ignores the input from the divine, and says to the kid, "What did I just tell you?" when he begins to cry again. She then trows the kid backwards saying, "If you want to protect what you value, grow stronger. Then you'll have no need to be a sniveling bitch." Annabeth then looks around her surrounding area to find something akin to that of a cape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The First Ring Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Ring   The First Ring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Ring
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MedievalIN :: Game :: RPGame-
Jump to: